Thursday, April 7, 2011

Going international

Hetfield

Les Paul (R.IP)

Danny Gatton

Yesterday I read on the wall of Guitarworld( a guitar mag from America. Here price tag RM25.00 last time I bought one) asking for their reader to sent their artwork with any guitarist as subject by email. So I send them 3 of mine. All by using Microsoft Paint.

Unfortunately( yeahh..typical me) I forgot to include the name of guitarists for each picture. But they still can guess 2 of them BTW.

But, hey what do you call that?-Blessing in disguise?- the staff of the mag asked me for the third name and that give me a lil hope that my work may got a chance got published maybe (I SAID MAYBE only, ok?) in July this year and in coming month after that.

Not sure what will the winner got as I will win...heh. There maybe thousands of participation, but who know right?

If I got luck, I may got a little recognition. Hopefully. We all can have a dream right?

And the best part is I already stopped buying Guitarworld from May 2010 due to no outlet to get it here in my place. What a heck.

Below was our communication via email (with little alteration on the email address- you know those idiot spammer) :

..........................................................................................................................................................................
From:
od od
To:jaff@guitarworld.com


Yeahh!!! Its the Telemeister-Danny Gatton

MF Taqiyuddin


From: Jaff Kitts
To: od od
Sent: Tuesday, 5 April 2011 23:39:14
Subject: Re: Artwork

Thanks…one is Hetfield, one is Les Paul. Who is the third?

Jaff Kitts
Managing Editor

From: od od <xxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com.my>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 22:41:52 -0700
To: Jaff Kitts <soundingboard@guitarworld.com>
Subject: Artwork

Hi. Greetings from Malaysia.

These attachments are my drawings using Microsoft Paint and the subject was refer to the pictures from Google Image.

Sincerely,
MF Taqiyuddin.

No comments:

KAWAN

Blog-blog saya yang lain

1SEKOLAH 1MALAYSIA